- I have been sewing a lot lately. It seems like it is just about the only thing I do these days other than work and normal household stuff. I have made a dress and some items for the sewing room lately (tutorial is coming soon for some of it). I also have a blouse in the works, and I have been monogramming up a storm for a dear friend's wedding. She asked me if I would monogram 6 bridesmaid robes with their monogram on the front and Bridesmaid/Maid of Honor on the back. I will say this is taking such a long time because my machine only does a 4x4 area...which means I have to do 2 letters, then take off the hoop, line everything up so it looks like it was done in one go, and then do 2 more letters. The word Bridesmaid requires me to rehoop 5 times. It is a lot of work. Now, I DO NOT mind at all. This friend is very special to me and I enjoy embroidering, but this has really sparked a more immediate want for a bigger embroidery machine.
- That leads me to my latest gotta have it, need it now WANT. I am now dreaming about my 3rd machine for my sewing room. I really want a larger embroidery area. I want to make boutique kids clothes for my little sweeties that will hopefully be born in the next few years. I want to be able to monogram things in my house. And truth be told, I would LOVE to get a little side income from monogramming and appliqueing t-shirts for my friends. I just love stitching out the cute designs and making boutique style clothes, and I would just love to make some things to sell on facebook or etsy. I would just love a way to use my creativity to make me a little bit of mad money for the fabric store! :) I am crossing my fingers that I might be able to get this in the next 6 months or so...gotta save up!
- We have had a fiasco with our house
buyingclosing experience. We were stuck in red tape with our lender for 2 months! Long story short, our house was more expensive than the ones around us that closed due to the upgrades we added, so our lender wouldn't justify the appraisal without comps for similar pricing. So we had to wait for the next set of townhomes to be built and closed for us to get comps for the area (there were 2 in particular that were going to close and give us the comps that we needed in order to close. they didn't have these issues with their lenders, but since ours was so strict, we had to wait on them to close, so we could close). Our builders let us move in and rent the property from them, so that was great! We finally closed last Friday and we are so so happy!!!!! We officially own our home, and I can't wait to break out the paint samples! Thomas likes builders beige, but I have other plans!!!
- I am gearing up for a training class I have to leave to go to for 4 weeks. Yes, FOUR weeks. I am dreading it, but I am happy to get it out of the way. Since I am an "intern" at my job, I have to take classes for 2 years to get all of my certifications. I have to travel between 4 and 6 weeks each year for the classes. This 4 week class is a new requirement though. I still will only have to travel 6 weeks this year, but unfortunately they split it up for 3 two-week trips to this. I have shed a couple of tears about this because I am a big time homebody, and don't like to leave my family. I have only left Thomas for 4 weeks one time when I went to Germany to visit my dad in the summer btwn high school and college. Although that trip will always be some of my favorite memories in life, I also cried on the phone to my family and was homesick a lot. Obviously I was happy to be there, but I had never left my mom or Thomas that long and had my moments. I am also sad because I am going to miss Halloween and I had hoped to help out at our church for our celebration, have a little get together, and hand out candy (my favorite! I love those sweet kids all dressed up). I won't get to go to the pumpkin patch, or carve a pumpkin with Thomas. Plus, it starts on Ashton's birthday, so I won't be there for that and my grandma is moving to Savannah, and I won't be able to help as much as I had planned. I am just kinda bummed about it. It could be a lot worse, and I am so fortunate to have a job...no, a career that I have future with. And this is the only 4 week class ever, but I am just kinda dreading it.
- We have ANTS! Last night, Thomas and I were up until 1 AM trying to get all the ants out of Lucky's cage and his food bowl. We had ants all over his area and in the pantry where we keep his food. It was a mess. We found online that vinegar will kill/keep them away, so we killed them and then rubbed the areas with vinegar. I also vacuumed over and over trying to get them out of the carpet! It was in an area by the dining room where it was on the tile and then where the carpet starts. UGH! What a mess! I think we got most of them, Lucky is camping out in our bedroom upstairs, and we have pest control set up for Wed. to come meet us and get set up on quarterly treatments.
- I have decided I think we might have a mouse too. I found a dropping on the side of my bathroom shower the other day. Thomas tried to say it was some shampoo spillage, but it was poop! I tell you, it was! Thomas says that a mouse couldn't walk up a fiberglass shower, but I don't know. I am convinced, and he isn't. I just don't know how it could have gotten in! I am going to say something to the pest man on Wed. I haven't seen any more signs of a mouse, but I am still going to ask him to leave a trap or something. I have no clue how we are getting all these problems! We are very clean people... I swear! I clean the kitchen every day, and I don't leave food out. We do all the normal chores every week! I just have no clue why they are coming into my clean house! It is driving me nuts! I had to say that for my own embarrassment. I didn't want people to think we are dirty.
Monday, September 19, 2011
I haven't blogged in 2 or maybe 3 weeks. I can't believe it! It is so busy at work right now and I have been working overtime. I have been missing this little ole blog, so I figured it was time to do an update! This is a brain dump kind of post, but I am sure you will understand!