- Go Black Friday shopping - we did it, it was exhausting, our credit card was maxed out by criminals...but it was still a lot of fun and I am sure I will go out again next year!
- Decorate for Christmas (preferrably Thanksgiving weekend) - DONE, and a post will be up next week. I planned it for this week, but some craziness has ensued around here (my paypal was hacked now in addition to our credit card...I am so mad), but none the less my decor is up, the post will be up soon, and it looks so pretty and it was so fun to decorate my own home for the first time!
- Watch Christmas movies and specials throughout the season - in progress! We have watched Christmas Vacation and The Santa Clause so far.
- Go to my hometown Christmas parade - It's this Saturday and I am SO excited!
- Go to The Journey at church - this is a live action journey through the Christmas story that my church puts on. It is phenomenal, and I am looking so forward to going in the next week.
- Bake Christmas cookies - planning them out...so stay tuned!
- Have a Christmas party - It's in a week! I'm excited!
- Listen to Christmas music throughout the season - in progress! We started listening on Thanksgiving week, haha! We were excited for Christmas!
- Attend Christmas Eve church service
- Have a family Christmas celebration
- Go to the mountains for New Years - this is a tradition we hope to keep up! Thomas and I are going alone this year, but I hope in the future we can make it a family tradition! We love to ski, so a ski trip for New Years is a great tradition to me!
Friday, December 2, 2011
What are your Christmas traditions? Now that Thomas and I are married, I am really excited to combine ours and start some new ones! Here are some of the things we have done or are looking forward to doing this season.